Monday, November 22, 2010

The Week’s HOTNESS Edition: Soul Singer Dwele

If you know me, you know I have a jones for soul music! One of my very favorite soul singers is Dwele. Detroit native Andwele Gardner first gained recognition for singing the hook on Slum Village’s “Tainted” single.  His solo albums include “The Rize”, “Subject”, “Some Kinda…”, and “Wants…World...Women…”.  He was also featured on Kanye West’s “Flashing Lights” single, and more recently on Kanye’s “Power” single. Here are a couple of pictures for your viewing enjoyment:






His “Some Kinda…” album is my personal favorite. I can listen to it from start to finish!  Let’s look at the single “Weekend Love” from that album:




Did you listen to the lyrics? Super sexy right?
Dear future husband: If you want to surprise me at our wedding, please have Dwele sing “Old Lovas” to us! If it is Dwele himself who is to be my future husband (shameless plug), please be prepared to sing this song to me at the wedding, on our honeymoon, at the birth of our first child, and all our anniversaries…
*I would love to sing a duet with him*
Follow Dwele on twitter at @TheRealDwele!

No comments:

Post a Comment