Monday, December 6, 2010

He is a good man...

I was recently asked to post something that would uplift men…Your wish is my command.
We as women often take good men for granted. We forget how having a good man is a blessing. I am here to remind you! Being in a relationship/marriage is strictly voluntary. He does not have to be there (neither do you), and you owe it to a good man to let him know he is appreciated and loved.
Part of the problem is we don’t recognize a good man when we see one. I am going to outline what I think are the characteristics of a good man:
*Respect – This is the absolute most important characteristic of a good man. Does he respect you? Does make sure others show you respect?
*Responsibility – Does he take responsibility for you as he does himself? Does he make decisions in the best interest of you as a couple or is he selfish only thinking of himself as an individual?
* Provide – Does this man go to work every day to provide? Is he doing everything he can to make sure your needs are met and at least some of your wants?
* Protect – Is this man making sure no harm comes your way? Does he make you feel secure?
*Concern – Is your man concerned about your health? Feelings? Ambition? Goals? Does he encourage you?
Unfortunately, so many of us women have been raised by single mothers and we haven’t witnessed successful man/woman relationships. Women are not being taught how to be a good woman/wife to a good man. We are unsure what we are supposed to do. We don’t know our roles. How many women can truly say that their parents gave them instruction how to be a good woman to a man? Being a good woman does not mean sticking by your man as he dogs you out. Being a good woman means you encourage him to be the best man he can be. This means embracing your femininity and appreciating his masculinity!
I am all about women being empowered, but we as women must learn how to turn it on and off. Your man is not looking to compete with you for the role of ‘man’ in a relationship. He wants someone he can come home to that will respond to the very essence of who he is: THE MAN.
*These are my opinions and I am entitled to them because after all it is MY blog*



3 comments:

  1. Mannnn!!! "I LOVE YOU"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post! I must say that I was raised by an AWESOME man, which was my Father. He was all that you stressed and so much more! He taught me values, and those values were for myself and graciously extended to everyone that I chose to let in my life.

    God and him, was all I that I needed to know what a good man should be and what I should be to them. I appreciate and love those men that are out their being the best Man that they can be!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete