Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My High Yella Baby Girl... a poem by my Mother

She’s my baby girl !
After many years she came along
Little did I know at the time
That she’d be so beautiful and so strong
Keep in mind that I am partial
Cause she’s my child, of course
I consider myself a very proud mother
Fore I am her life source

Not only do I love my child
I like her a whole lot too
She has a special way of seeing life
And I respect her point of view

Spiritual beliefs help define her
Her values are easy to see
My adorable baby girl
Is all I hoped she would be

High yella, that she was
With pretty straight brown hair
She had the cutest little dimpled cheeks
And skin that was truly fair

As my little one grew older
It became obvious to me
That she would have a boundless spirit
And a great personality

Education enhanced her intellect
Not to brag about her on that
But she converses most assuredly
With knowledge and with fact

She is also very generous
Extremely giving and kind
She displays a thoughtful and gentle soul
This high yella child of mine

I love her sense of humor
A trait I find very neat
I’m sure, as she travels here and there
She brings joy to those she meets

I admire her fashion sense
It reflects the latest trends
She can tell you all the current styles
For both women and for men

Her socialite side is awesome
She’s a jetsetter thru and thru
She’s aware of all upcoming events
And she knows just who is who

Looking at concluding this poem
There is so much more to say
I’ll end by saying she’s my BFF
My best friend in every way


by HiYelaGurl's Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, auntie! I guess thats where I get my poetic mind from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so reflective of the of the relationship you have with your mother. Reminds me of my hiyella girl, who is likewise the bomb!

    ReplyDelete